Mixed Prints

I have been a fan of mixed prints for ages.  Plaid and polka dots, florals and stripes.  Different patterns and different textures make an interesting mix.

I have not dabbled in mixing prints because I was afraid.  Something that looks good on someone else might not be a good look for me.  I admit it takes a bit of boldness to pull off this look.

I recently took two months off from work to help care for my aging Mother.  I left my job with one outcome/outlook and returned with a totally different one.  Carrying fornsomeone you love gives you a certain boldness and changes the way you look at and approach life.  In the process of caregiving, I lost 20 pounds.  This weight loss forced me to revisit a closet full of clothes that were too small (and some were too big).

I found a blouse and skirt "combo" from Talbots.  I bought these pieces to go together yet I had never worn them.

I love them both equally - separately and combined.  I took the plunge today and wore the outfit.

The top is adorable (which I find most of Talbot's clothes to be) and the skirt was just as adorable.  I wouldn't call it mixed print - it's the same print but in reverse colors.  The shirt is white and the skirt is black.  The skirt and blouse have floral prints and birds in birdcages..which I adore.  I love bird prints and bird motifs.  I think it pulled together quite nicely and I'm a fan.




Pardon the tennis shoes.  I took this photo late in the day.  I wore a nice pair of Cole Haan black cap toe pumps for most of the day.  I was on my feet most of the day and had to change to my Puma tennis shoes.

It was a comfortable outfit and it runs a bit big if you ask me.

Comments

Popular Posts