Skin care for "women of a certain age"

As I age (gracefully), I notice that my skin, which served me well in my "youth" has become very difficult to tame.

I followed the proper protocol in my teens of using Clinique.  It worked wonders.  Over the years I have used "age appropriate" skin care with much success.  The best of the products was the La Mer line.  I stopped using it about 15 years ago and began using natural products. Stuff like making my own oil cleanser and toner.  Using coconut oil, shea butter and the likes.

My skin leans towards the dry side but I am plagued with the occasional comedone and at times flaky skin.

I was close to heading to a dermatologist when I heard about COSRX!  Okay, ladies (and gents) let's be candid here.  I don't even know how to pronounce it but...it works.

COSRX is a very basic Korean skin care line that is AMAZING.  The items are mind blowing and I had to take a step back because I was accustomed to fancy packaging and crazy promises.

I bought all the products from a combination of Soko Glam, Wishtrend and Cupidrop.  All very reliable and great.

In the few short weeks I have used these products - my skin has changed dramatically for the best.  the comedones are few, my skin is moisturized and soft, the dark spots are fading the texture of my skin is amazing.

Here is a my ritual and list of products.  Don't let the volume frighten you.  I read a blog about a woman who went from three or four steps to the 10 step Korean facial "program" and she likens it to meditation...she's right.  It becomes second nature.  Hang on and here we go. 

Morning Routine
A good facial wash using COSRX Low pH Good Morning Gel Cleanser. 
I used their blackhead brush twice a week (until I left it in Breckinridge, CO).  I now use my Foreo,
I pat my skin dry and follow with the Galactomyces Alcohol-Free Toner (I use the COSRX cotton pads also).  Depending on my skin's issues I either use the whitening essence or the whitehead essence.  I may use the propolis ampule or straight to the moisturizing step using either the rice mask, the honey mask or the honey ceramide moisturizer followed by the honey ceramide eye cream.  

That's it for the morning routine.

Evening Routine
Depending on my skin's needs I use either the Low pH gel cleanser or for exfoliation I use the Salicylic cleanser.  Same toner and then I mix one of the essences with their latest product (Triple C Serum for my dark spots).  I follow up with either the blackhead power cream and then one of the above moisturizer or the Snail 92 cream.

Twice a month I use their Snail Mask and it's a treat!!!




All of their products can be used at either routine (morning or evening).  I adore their products and so does my skin.

All COSRX products were purchased by me and my review is my own opinion.  I am not paid by anyone for my opinion.

Comments

Popular Posts